Sunday, April 6, 2008

Barn Wood Lamp - $200
I craft each lamp by hand using salvaged barn wood and metal barn roofing. Because of the uniqueness of old barn wood, no two lamps are exactly alike. Although beautiful in daylight, the lamp comes to life at night when light shines through the pattern to illuminate your wall with hundreds of glowing shapes.


The process of crafting each lamp is slow but rewarding. I plane the barn wood and sand it smooth. I apply several coats of hand-rubbed oil finish to produce a rich satin luster. I build the lampshades using rusty metal barn roofing, joining each panel with steel rivets. I use a hand punch and hammer to create shade patterns.

1 comment:

Rabiul Islam said...

Terrific work! This is the type of information that should be shared around the web. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher!